VM Network Engineer
VM Network Engineer Job - Ottawa, ON
Modis is searching for a VM Network Engineer for a long-term contract (through until 2021) with our public sector client in the Ottawa area.
The successful candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- University degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, Network Computing or Computer and Internet Security
- 5+ years of experience in the last 10 years with high level programming languages such as C++ or Java
- 5+ years of software design and development experience in telecommunication/networking systems
- 2+ years of experience in the last 5 years with VMware networking
- 5+ years of cryptographic software and algorithms experience
- 5+ years of experience with Smartphone (Blackberry, Android, or iPhone) software development
The following experience would be highly considered as an asset:
- Networking experience, which includes virtualization, security, router, and firewall configuration (Cisco, HP, etc.)
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl and Python
- Experience designing, building, and securing VMWare, ESXi and vSphere networks
- Security networks and network equipment and penetration detection experience
- Using Bugzilla, JIRA, or GIT
- Experience with Linux/UNIX, Microsoft Windows Server or Apple OSX systems configuration, administration, and architecture
- Programming experience with VoIP protocols
- Experience conducting software analysis and design in high security environments or in organizations with high government-sponsored security constraints
All candidates must have the ability to obtain a government security clearance of TOP SECRET.
Modis would like to thank all candidates for submitting to this job opportunity, however, only those with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted for further instruction and submission to the client.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!