Business Analyst Job, Ottawa, ON
Our Government of Canada client has a requirement for a Business Analyst for a 6-month contract owned by Modis and located in Gatineau. The requirement is for a Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst with experience in designing dashboard, analytics, and reports with drill down capabilities. Using the BRD and accompanying documents, as well as information gathered during consultations with stakeholders, you will document and define all relevant functional requirements, as well as design mock-ups.
The successful candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- Over five (5) years of experience in designing / developing BI solutions.
- Ability to understand and find appropriate applications for data and analysis results.
- Ability to capture user requirements and turn them into business value.
- Experience designing and creating dashboards and reports tailored to different clients and needs.
- Proven experience in eliciting requirements and testing.
- Experience in analyzing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualization techniques and tools.
- Basic knowledge in generating process documentation.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including technical writing skills.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing subject matter expertise for key dashboard functionality.
- Full review and analysis of Reports Business Requirement documentation.
- Coordinating/ working with CIO sector to help develop BI and data warehouse strategy.
- Working with stakeholders to interpret business requirements and work with business teams to:
- identify and document functional requirements that will be used as future input to technical design;
- become familiar with business processes and rules; and
- flesh out reporting and dashboard functional requirements by producing mock-ups (screen design).
- Facilitating information gathering, completing the Requirement Traceability Matrix, and completing a Functional Business Requirements document.
- Providing design support for development of business intelligence solutions.
- Participating in or supporting work planning process.
- Providing input to the development of information quality metrics.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume in confidence to email@example.com
Modis would like to thank all candidates for submitting to this job opportunity, however, only those with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted for further instruction and submission to the client.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!