Java Developer, Summerside, PEI
Modis has a requirement for a Java Developer for one of its government clients based in Prince Edward Island. This contract opportunity is for a won vehicle, and not an RFP.
The successful candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of six (6) years professional work experience within the IT field with a minimum of three (3) years experience as a programmer analyst.
- Must have four (4) years experience in the last eight (8) years, with any JDK version.
- Must have four (4) years experience in the last eight (8) years, using EJB.
- Must have two (2) years experience in the last four (4) years, with DB2 or other relational database as a programmer/analyst.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzing the functional requirements to identify potential solutions;
- Defining input/output sources, including detail system requirements for technical design phase, and obtaining approval of the solution’s proposal;
- Designing and documenting in detail all solutions components, their interfaces, and operational environment;
- Designing data structures and files, sub-systems and modules, programs, and production monitoring procedures, testing strategy and systems;
- Documenting system design, concepts, and facilities, and presenting and obtaining approval of detailed system design;
- Adhering to quality assurance standards to be used during development phase;
- Analyzing performance and tuning system, and completing system documentation; and
- Performing independent verification and validation of software component and systems functions and performance.
Candidates must possess a valid government security clearance at the SECRET level.
Qualified and interested candidates are invited to submit their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 28th Aug 2017.
Modis would like to thank all candidates for submitting to this job opportunity, however, only those with the above qualifications clearly demonstrated in their resumes will be contacted for further instruction and submitted to the client.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!