Senior Accountant Job, Gatineau, QC
Our client is seeking a full-time Senior Accountant who will be accountable for a full range of financial responsibilities, supporting multiple offices. This position is well suited to those that can work at all levels and report directly to the Director of Finance & Administration. The role encompasses full cycle accounting, Financial Statement preparation, budgeting, analysis, and growth.
The successful candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
• A university degree in Accounting;
• An accounting designation (CPA or equivalent), or working towards one;
• Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience encompassing preparation and analysis of financial statements; full cycle accounting, consolidations, and budgeting; and
• Proficient experience with multi-currency and complex financial environments.
The following would be considered an asset:
• Experience with SR&ED;
• Experience with QuickBooks and Budget Maestro; and
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Ideal personal soft skills would include:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to work independently, be a self-starter, and be highly organized;
• Must be detail oriented, analytical, problem solver, and creative thinker;
• Results driven, able to meet tight deadlines, and be accountable;
• Ability to function in a fast pace environment with changing deadlines and priorities;
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize; and
• Quick to learn and take initiative.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
• Preparing and analyzing monthly consolidated financial statements for Canadian, USA, and Israel companies;
• Preparing annual budget and financial forecasting using Budget Maestro and Excel;
• Performing extensive cash management and metrics analysis;
• External reporting to government and financial organizations;
• Finding ways to continuously improve the financial health of the business, cutting costs where necessary and proactive planning;
• Participating in yearend audit;
• Reviewing budget to actual, gross margin, and completeness of financial information; and
• Assisting with processing billings, journal entries, and accruals using Quick Books.
What’s in it for you?
• An extremely competitive compensation according to experience;
• Generous paid vacation time and flexible daily work schedule;
• Convenient and central location in Gatineau, easily accessible by car or public transit (company paid parking);
• Access to many training and social activities;
• Fully-stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks for when you’re hungry or thirsty;
• Games room with ping-pong table and air hockey;
• Full benefits package and RSP program starting your first day;
• Company Paid Holiday shut-down; and
• Warm and inviting culture in a laid-back environment.
Modis would like to thank all candidates for submitting to this job opportunity, however, only those with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted for further instruction and submission to the client.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!