Software Developer Job, Ottawa, ON
Modis is searching for a Software Developer (Junior to Senior Openings) for a permanent position with our private sector client.
The successful candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
• A university degree in Computer Science or another related field.
• A commitment to continuous professional development
• A valid government security clearance at the SECRET level.
• Agile development experience, including the use of automated unit and integration tests.
• Enterprise development experience (large databases, multi-tier applications).
• Multi-team development environment experience.
• Product developer (vs. internal tools developer or contractor).
• Experience working with Big Data.
• Over two (2) years of experience with C#, C++, or Java.
• Experience with Microsoft WPF.
• Experience working with Linux.
The following skills and experience would be considered an asset:
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
• Contributing as part of our agile teams in a casual work environment in which team work, open communication, and discussion are encouraged.
• Using powerful developer workstations in conjunction with the latest Microsoft and Linux technologies to produce truly enlightened solutions.
• Using a variety of skills from C# running on Windows, to Java running on Linux, and some Ruby.
Modis would like to thank all candidates for submitting to this job opportunity, however, only those with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted for further instruction and submission to the client.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!