Business Intelligence Manager
Position/Title: Business Intelligence Manager
Length: Employee Position or Contract
Start Date: June 2017
The Position: Business Intelligence Manager
*Please note, our client is open to candidates in Edmonton, Vancouver and Calgary for both employee and contract status.*
The Business Intelligence Manager is responsible for establishing and managing a global program focused on information technologies that enable the organization to make quality decisions for business success. This position has accountability for the end-to-end service delivery model for all business intelligence software and data systems that drive global decision support.
The Global Decision Support Services Manager position requires an influential leader to lead through an organization wide technology transformation. S/he will focus on driving business results by leveraging our technology investments to create value within the business. S/he will lead the global strategy, budget, and service level agreements for the decision support systems model. The Global Decision Support Services Manager will proactively work to align goals and plans across global and regional business and IT leaders in these areas.
Ultimately, the Manager is an expert in business intelligence technologies and how they can best be leveraged within an organization.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of seven years of experience in BI, data architecture, data management and data warehousing. At least three must be in a senior IT leadership role. Employment history must demonstrate increasing levels of responsibility.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate business intelligence concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Proven track record and experience in developing business intelligence policies and procedures, as well as successfully executing programs that meet the objectives of excellence in a dynamic environment.
- Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations.
- Must be a critical thinker, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Knowledgeable in many aspects of designing and constructing data architectures, including operational data stores, and data marts.
- Understands consistent business analysis, data acquisition and access analysis and design, Database Management Systems optimization, archiving and recovery strategy, data integration design and implementation, security and change management at the enterprise level.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
- Exhibit excellent analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
- Project management skills: financial/budget management, scheduling and resource management.
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals.
- Degree in computer science, engineering or a technology-related field, or equivalent work- or education-related experience.
- Experience with contract and vendor negotiations.
- High level of personal integrity
- High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision.
- Bilingual: Spanish and English is an asset.
"Modis is one of the world's largest and most respected providers of Information Technology Resource Management (ITRM) services."
Please note that your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission.
Thank you for your interest, however only those being considered for this role will be contacted.