Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a IT Data Analyst
IT Data Analyst (60079374)
Contract Duration: (10 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Obtain and prepare people data from a wide variety of sources, including non-traditional, to enable custom and recurring reporting and advanced analytics
o Obtain or support collection of moderately complex data, detailed qualitative and quantitative information about the workforce and related issues from centralized and decentralized systems, internally or externally
• Perform moderately complex ad hoc, custom and recurring analyses on people related data to provide people insights to leadership on trends, issues and opportunities
o Conduct data manipulation and moderately complex analyses using approaches and moderately advanced tool functionality to maximize value efficiently ensuring alignment with requirements and operating procedures
o Provide follow-up support to management, consultants, and others as requested in the form of additional analyses and hip pocket lists and reports that better enable our clients to understand the workforce issues and to present this information to their end clients.
o Utilize creative thinking to optimize solutions to business and overcome issues/challenges
o Conduct thorough feasibility studies and cost/benefit analysis to clearly depict all possible options and recommended courses of action prior to initiating work and make recommendations to team and managers
• Document and communicate observations and findings of data mining and analyses and draw out key analytically based insights
o Prepare detailed reports requiring the understanding and the accurate use of People Analytics terminology and concepts to effectively communicate ideas and explanations in the form of key messages designed for an executive audience
o Document business proposals for moderately complex People Analytics related issues that affect the relevant business area
o Prepare detailed work plans (e.g., work packages) for area of responsibility within the context and scope of projects
• Provide regular assistance/guidance to others by providing background on the data used to create the information and on the information, itself (e.g. Enterprise standards, metrics definitions and calculations, sources of the data, how best to interpret the reports) and by explaining technical processes/issues and resolving a range of work-related problems.
o Create and maintain company models/databases (e.g., statistics, indices) for research purposes, ensuring that they are updated properly, documented and stored and archived properly.
- 3+ years of experience working in Data Analysis
- 2+ years of Tableau experience (Must have strong expertise)
- The ability to knowledge transfer and upskill the Tableau design and development expertise of others on the team.
- Strong expertise with Microsoft Excel and Access
- Development of custom and standardized reports, dashboards and presentations for a senior Executive/Board audience.
- Experience in data security and management information governance functions, process requirements to ensure appropriate handling of all employee data and in particular sensitive data fields
- Developed consulting expertise as internal service provider within a large organization, overlaying a foundation of professional services business acumen
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with workforce/people analytics
- Previous Financial Services experience
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!