Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for an Application Security Specialist
Application Security Specialist (60219883)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Support the IT application security testing program
• Ability to configure, implement, and maintain security testing tools as well as the configuration of data sources for metric reporting/tracking
• Perform security testing of applications, networks and infrastructures, including vulnerability assessments, and manual testing techniques
• Collaborate with various client internal stakeholders as well as external partners;
• Produce security assessment reports and distribute to IT Support teams (for remediation)
• Ability to document and educate stakeholders on the findings
• Ability to research, recommend, and implement changes to procedures and systems to enhance application and systems security
• Provide feedback on operational and procedural documentation as required
• Ability to serve as subject matter expert on IT security tools, polices, and controls
• Take an active role in security-related audits and inquiries
• Ability to keep up to date on the latest security regulations, advisories, alerts and vulnerabilities
• Supporting member as required to the client’s Infrastructure Security team
• Minimum of 7 years professional work experience in information security
• A security based professional qualification desirable (e.g. CISSP, CISM, CISA, OPST, CEH, GPEN)
• Experience with security testing tools and methodologies in conducting vulnerability and application security assessments
• Ability to analyze IT solutions and technology infrastructure in order to identify and assess security vulnerabilities, threats, and risks.
• A track record of results and effectiveness in applications technical support, trouble-shooting and analysis, problem resolution, and service availability and reliability improvement roles.
• Think analytically and synthesize technical information from various sources
• High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and demonstrate a high level of judgment and maturity.
• Excellent skills of verbal and written communications, relationship-building, and influencing others.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!