Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Technology Integration Engineer
Technology Integration Engineer (60228344)
Contract Duration: (18 months)
Location: Brampton, ON
• You will support the following levels: Physical – you will be responsible for the physical and technical oriented aspects e.g. storage, security, networking and more; Application – you will handle all application-related issues (e.g. queries, users, embedded SQL’s etc.)
• You will ensure database resources are sized properly and a design strategy is developed to make sure that the database is maintained at a healthy size.
• You will ensure availability and performance of multi database and application environments with very large volumes and sizes.
• You will perform routine DBA tasks like database maintenance, backups, recovery, table space management, upgrades, etc.
• You will execute periodic health checks for databases and recommend changes that should be executed in the production environment to ensure optimal performance.
• You will interact and work with multiple infra and IT teams as part of environment setup, maintenance and support
• You will work closely with developers, assist them with database structure design as of business needs (e.g. indexes, constraints, integrity)
• At least 3 years’ experience as a DBA in large environment
• Experience as DBA - Oracle 10g, 11g, 12c - database management and architecture
• Experience with Oracle 10, 11, 12 RAC/Grid, Data Guard, HA and ASM
• Experience with Golden Gate and PL/SQL
• Experience with Linux/HP/Exadata platforms/appliances
• Experience with SAN/NAS storages and relevant technologies
• Experience in Data migration and tools used in data migration
• Desirable experience: BigData/Hadoop, Network architecture knowledge
• Experience in working with large scale projects and databases highly advantageous
• Experience in working and configuration of storage (IBM/EMC/HP)
• Experience of Performance tuning
• Ability to effectively multitask, work in a team and ability to deliver against deadlines and under pressure
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!