Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Business Analyst
Business Analyst (60228761)
Contract Duration: (2 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Design, develop, implement, maintain and execute reports and dashboards to summarize Audit and bank information for Audit Management, Executive Management, Audit Committee and Regulatory bodies for regularly scheduled quarterly and annual reporting, monthly dashboards, as well as ad hoc reporting requirements;
• Obtain and maintain a full and current understanding of the infrastructure and data connections (e.g. data from spreadsheets, flat files, Lotus Notes Domino databases, TeamMate, SQL etc.) feeding existing Microsoft Access and Excel reporting/charting, and the new reporting streams including reports and dashboards, to ensure accurate and timely reporting. Data collected from multiple data sources is to be ingested seamlessly into these reporting streams to meet specific business requirements; Data visualization skills (Tableau, PowerBI Pro, etc.) an asset.
• Analyze and reconcile underlying data sources through to the ingestion and reporting processes to ensure full data and reporting integrity when developing and publishing/refreshing Executive dashboards that include drill-down capabilities as well as static reports;
• Document all requirements, data lineage, process, functionality, mappings, field definitions, calculations, etc., and document changes of same to existing and future reports/dashboards to ensure the success of ongoing support and maintenance activities associated with all reporting streams;
• Perform the technical expert role for the resolution of complex reporting issues and the provision of timely analytical services to the Audit Management team and the global user base during regularly scheduled operations, and on an ad hoc basis when Management introduces changes to reporting during standard production reporting windows;
• Continuously strive for automation of the most time and resource intensive processes related to data collection, validation/reconciliation, transformation, etc. to optimize the production and delivery of standard reports and dashboards, including streaming data to live dashboards, is key to operational efficiency and effectiveness of the reporting tools.
• Minimum ten years of experience in analytics and reporting.
• Minimum ten years of experience with Business Intelligence (BI) and Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) tools.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
• Must be detail-oriented with a solid reputation of producing high quality deliverables through detailed reconciliations.
• Advanced data manipulation skills using Access and Excel is mandatory. SQL experience and Tableau/PowerBI skills are a plus.
• SDLC (Development vs. UAT. vs. Production environments transition cycle)
• Audit Methodology knowledge would be nice to have
• A recognized undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Technology, Business, or a related discipline
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!