Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) Specialist
Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) Specialist (60246043)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto / Mississauga / Oakville, ON
• Lead or support the development of a privacy impact assessment that evaluates whether new technologies, information systems, or proposed programs or policies meet legal privacy requirements and address clients’ concerns.
• Ensure the program complies with provincial, municipal, federal and private sector access and privacy legislation, as well as relevant regulations, statutes, Hospital policies, Directives, standards, guidelines and internationally accepted Fair Information Practices
• Minimum of 6 years of demonstrated experience as a Privacy Impact Assessment Specialist
• Healthcare industry experience preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge of privacy and security concepts, trends, and issues; including understanding of their impact on business processes.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in researching and applying relevant information privacy laws, regulations, jurisprudence (particularly as it relates to the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario) and risk countermeasures
• Demonstrated experience in conducting Privacy Impact Assessments in public sector context;
• Knowledge of, and experience with privacy enhancing best practices;
• Knowledge and ability to interpret and apply Ontario’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) and its municipal equivalent the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) their respective regulations and related jurisprudence;
• Familiarity with federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and US PATRIOT Act.
• Familiarity with and experience implementing the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario’s “PIA Guidelines for the Ontario PHIPA” and “Planning for Success: PIA Guide”
• Familiarity with and experience implementing the PIA Process and Tools released by the Ontario Ministry of Government Services
• Demonstrated understanding of related disciplines, including IT security, IT system design, policy development (privacy or security), business architecture, legal processes, Freedom of Information administration, business analysis, risk management, project management.
Operational Program and Business Design Skills:
• Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and support the development of a PIA either independently or as part of a team by directing and gathering input from specific individuals within the organization
• Knowledge and ability to create and understand data flow diagrams and business process diagrams;
• Ability to recognize the need for, and seek input from external experts as required;
• Excellent communication skills with technical and business audiences and non-access and privacy experts.
Technology and Systems Knowledge
• Analytical skills to understand the current and future access and privacy implications of policies, decisions and business initiatives;
• Demonstrated knowledge of IT concepts and processes that impact the protection of personal information, including (but not limited to) Internet tools, system interfaces, information security, information architecture and data flows.
Information and Record Keeping Knowledge
• Demonstrated experience developing risk assessment tools, methodologies, policies and procedures to effectively manage personal information;
• Demonstrated knowledge of policies, directives, standards, business rules, procedures and guidelines relating to records management including classification, retention and disposition of information.
Other desirable skills and experience
• Professional certification from a related discipline such as IT security, architecture
• Experience providing education and training related to privacy
• Knowledge of, and experience with the policies and procedures of the Ontario government (e.g. business case development, project approvals and policy development)
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!