Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for an Oracle Database Administrator
Oracle Database Administrator (60271586)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Engage functional areas, including management, to ensure that identified changes to existing and/or new functionality meet the business needs of the affected parties and that any and all risks are identified, understood by those parties and mitigated/reduced
• Accountable for Oracle database architecture and security design, provisioning testing, training, development, QA, and production environments; including database and application software installation, quarterly release management, configuration, performance tuning and facilitation of end-to-end testing to ensure target service levels are met
• The incumbent will be required to support and manage databases and middleware applications for systems such as Banner SIS, FIS and ODS, Workflow, Document Management, Cognos and HRMS within a physical, virtual and clustered environment spanning multiple databases and applications tiers
• Incident management and problem resolution will include leading a cross functional team, resource allocation and coordination, requests receipt, monitoring of resolution progress, provision of status updates to groups as appropriate, determining root cause and ultimately validation of implemented solutions
• Provide recommendations to the capacity planning of servers, storage and network environments in order to ensure that resource requirements are addressed in advance of actual requirements for implementation on a timely basis. These recommendations are always accepted.
• Upgrade technical skills to keep abreast of trends and changes
• Provide feedback and recommendations to client management where inappropriate of misuse of the system
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Enterprise Oracle Database Administrator.
• A degree in Computer Science/ Management Science or equivalent training and experience
• Oracle and MS SQL Certification
• RedHat Certification
• Leadership training
• Experience with Banner (by Ellucian) ERP software.
• Experience with higher education processes
• Superior written and communication skills of both technical and non-technical nature
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!