Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for an Operational Support Specialist
Operational Support Specialist (60491319)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Provide Level 2 Production Support for administration and maintenance of Cognos and SAS reporting tools on various platforms such as AIX, Windows, Linux
• Participate in requirements gathering workshops to translate business requirements in order to support Business Intelligence (BI), Data Mining (DM), Cognos reports, Enterprise Data Warehouse(EIW), Datamarts (ODM, PDM) and SAS Predictive Modeling.
• Participate in design of various data models using Framework Manager, Cognos Powercubes, Data Stage ETL, and SAS Analytics software
• Utilize Cognos and SAS software to develop complex SQL queries, SAS programs to extract and transform data for business and statistical analysis.
• Conduct performance tuning of BI Reporting Systems, Cognos Reports, ETL and Data Mining jobs
• Lead root cause analysis, perform data fixes in various data repositories, conduct data analysis and recommend resolutions for production incidents
• Co-ordinate with other teams to plan appropriate corrective, preventive, and continues improvement measures to improve process stability in the production environment.
• Participate in Incident Management activities such as creating and updating incident reports, status reports, and meetings.
• Participate in project meetings to assess impact to product support activities
• Understanding SAS Predictive Modeling concepts
• Understanding Business Intelligence and Data Mining concepts
• Strong knowledge of Enterprise Data Warehouse and Datamart concepts
• Strong organizational, documentation skills and desire for continuous process improvements.
• Strong understanding of SDLC
• Application Production support experience is highly desired
• Must have strong interpersonal, planning, facilitation, negotiating, and organizational skills.
• Able to identify risk and issues and recommend appropriate mitigation plans.
• Can deal with changing priorities and meet tight timelines. Can work under pressure, work on competing priorities and work independently with minimal oversight.
• Ability to work under pressure in a team for production support and respond effectively and efficiently to customers. Resource should be able to work in a fast-passed environment and be able to handle critical time bound issues and have the ability to work and respond within a defined SLA
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!