Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Technical Advisory Specialist
Technical Advisory Specialist (60536726)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Infrastructure Planning: Provide assistance in the development and maintaining of the Cisco UCS infrastructure based on the client’s standards. Maintain up to date documentation.
• Responsible for building new servers, configuring, implementing and troubleshooting any issues that involve Cisco UCS infrastructure domains.
• Assist in the identification, development and maintenance of policies and procedures that are relevant to the proper operational functions of UCS infrastructure.
• Assist in the evaluation of new related products. Provide detailed results to be incorporated in the management summary reports.
• Assist in presenting to UCS admins with education materials to ensure that the UCS Support group are current with infrastructure design and implementations.
• Maintain operational readiness ensuring rapid and complete recovery in the event of a catastrophic disaster. Conduct testing on regular bases, as outlined in the client’s policies and procedures, to ensure DR functionality. Update the policies and procedures as required.
• Ability to use the available UCS tools to monitor the environment and identify any issues which could be of a risk.
• Provide assistance in project management functions during all stages of UCS servers delivery and rollout including: assessment, planning, initiation, implementation and management
• Assist in quarterly reviews of documentation and ensure their availability to the users and management. Update the capacity-planning model for the UCS environment. Make recommendations to management on the requirements to increase capacity when required.
• 5+ years’ experience working Cisco UCS server’s hardware
• Incumbent should have hands-on experience with:
o Cisco UCS Hardware systems
o Build and configure UCS server’s profiles
o Windows OS, VMware and Red Hat Linux
o Networking, Cisco NX OS and storage protocols (FCOE, FC & iSCSI)
o File share protocols (NFS, CIFS, SMB)
• Participates in the development of strategies and direction for UCS deployment, servers sizing, monitoring and solutions using current and emerging technologies.
• Participates in planning and recommendations for distributed and enterprise hardware systems management software and architecture.
• Participates in the evaluation and recommendation of new products, maintains knowledge of emerging technologies.
• Must have very good knowledge of Virtualization platforms/technologies
• Must have very good scripting capabilities (shell, perl) and automation concepts.
• Experience working in enterprise environments with 100+ of servers
• Excellent verbal, written communication skills
• Works well under pressure and time constraints and can prioritize competing priorities appropriately.
• Willingness to work overtime, weekends and provide on-call support as required.
• Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!