Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a DevOps Engineer
DevOps Engineer - Back End (60580101)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability
• Contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around developer and engineering productivity and velocity
• Design and build advanced automated build, test and release infrastructure
• Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence design for testability
• Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and release velocity.
• Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
• Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
• Work closely with the Project manager / Scrum master during project planning and provide work breakdown structure and help with assignments.
• Work closely with the Business analysts/ Product owner to define and clarify scope of the business requirements
• Work closely with the Architect on all technical aspects and end-to-end solution design
• Work closely with the QA/Test prime on Test strategy and planning to ensure complete testing coverage for the designed solution
• Work closely with the architect and infrastructure team to ensure all necessary development, test, staging, beta, and production environments are properly planned, designed, configured, and provisioned.
• Provide guidance to the technical team for all aspects of Web application development specifically for the backend Java development.
• Develop and implement Java programs as a member of the project team
• Create all required technical documentation (detailed designs, APIs, etc.)
• Conduct code-reviews and lead detailed design reviews and provide feedback
• Ensure appropriate knowledge transfer to Service Desk and other application leads are completed in a timely manner
• Lead thorough investigations and resolution of any production incidences related to the Web/Java application ecosystem
• BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• At least six (6) years of professional, hands-on experience in a software engineering role
• Leading large-scale Web application development (coding, testing, deployment) on Java EE platform
• Experience with one or more other general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Ruby, Python, or Go
• Experience with Java EE platforms
• Experience with enterprise integration technologies
• Scripting skills in Python, Perl, Shell or another common language
• Experience in test automation, refactoring code, test-driven development, build infrastructure, optimizing software, debugging, building tools and testing frameworks
• Experience with end-to-end system health including latency, performance and security of web applications through monitoring, logging, and heuristic analysis.
• Experience troubleshooting DNS and related networking and routing infrastructure
• Experience working with a multi-disciplinary team using Agile methodologies
• Restful Web services development
• End-to-end security, including infrastructure security (load balancers, and firewalls)
• Identity, authentication, authorization systems and Active Directory
• DevOps tools and processes
• Large-scale application monitoring tools and processes
• Experience with infrastructure for large scale hosted, public/private cloud, and on-premise deployments
• Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
• High attention to the details
• Highly motivated and flexible in working under changing work environment
• Very good interpersonal skills
• Sound time management skills
• Ability to work independently and as a member of the team
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!