Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Solutions Architect
Solutions Architect (60678228)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
You will join a team of similarly talented and driven architects and contribute to both ongoing improvements to our platform and customer experience and to new platform initiatives. You will partner closely with development and delivery teams and with business partners in a fast-moving, product-based development environment that embraces DevOps principles and practices. You will be an integral part of the delivery team but play a vital role in linking design and architecture to enterprise standards and industry best practices. You will create end-to-end technical solution architectures using modern UI, micro-services and cloud technologies, and informed by hands-on prototyping. You will also develop road maps to provide guidance for both product managers and engineering teams on the usage of new technologies and how to achieve our longer-term platform goals.
• B.S. degree in Computer Science or related technical field (e.g. EE, physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
• 5+ years of software development experience and 2+ years of software architecture experience that includes experience and understanding of architecture, application development, application systems design, and integration.
• Solid experience with a variety of modern technologies/approaches including event-based architecture, cloud-based deployments, REST/API first applications, mobile and web technologies.
• Ability to quickly evaluate options, make decisions and execute within an intense technology environment with multiple stakeholders.
• Capability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and relationships with global architecture areas, Application Development, T&O management, Ecosystems and others.
• Working knowledge of financial concepts and applications.
• Experience with all aspects of architecture, including mobile and web application design, data modeling and database design, security and infrastructure.
• Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in large, cross-functional teams
• Strong communication / presentation skills and a sense of ownership and drive
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!