Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Senior Database Administrator
Senior Database Administrator (60762778)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Create and maintain database and transaction processing environments for application testing, Pre-Production verification, and production operation.
• Create and maintain SQL Server databases, database objects, including filegroups, partition, tables, indexes, views, triggers, procedures, sequences ... etc. in development, test, production and disaster recover environments.
• Based on the SLA, decide the backup/recovery strategy. Code, test and support the backup/recovery scripts.
• Provide skilled counsel in the technical design of applications. Ensure optimum use of software facilities and features; walk through critical components.
• Research, analyze and make recommendations on software/utility usage.
• Minimum 10 years of Solid DBA experience on SQLServer. SQLServer 2008/2012/2014 database administration experience and some knowledge of SQLServer 2016.
• Excellent technical knowledge of database and transaction management technologies and operating systems.
• High level of proven competence with data manipulation languages, data definition languages, physical database design, and application performance analysis & tuning.
• In depth knowledge on database backup and recovery for SQL Server
• In depth knowledge on database tuning and SQL tuning for SQL Server
• Knowledge of enterprise middleware and security tools and standards.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate with people in a wide variety of areas and at various levels from technical specialists to project managers.
• Required to provide great client service and support and prompt response to client requests.
• Required to adhere to client change management, security and auditable processes.
• Ability to learn and absorb quickly new concepts (in business and in systems), apply new knowledge as appropriate and transfer knowledge to others.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!