Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Mainframe Developer
Mainframe Developer (60866331)
Contract Duration: (8 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Assist technical resources in the analysis of business requirements in order to establish the technical feasibility of proposed initiatives
• Responsible for the assessment and scoping of projects (from a development work effort perspective).
• Ensure a timely delivery of quality products/functions which meet end-user requirements and that are developed following client development standards and methodology;
• Responsible for performance analysis (from an application and environment perspective) and make recommendations to improve operational effectiveness
• Work in a development team comprising both client staff and external consulting resources as required;
• Deal effectively with external vendors, external business partners, and internal stake holders
• Must be able to work within tight deadlines and schedules which may result in external work hours to meet project deliverables
• 10.Effectively communicate with departmental application development team members, management, and with the wider client Architecture Office.
• 11 Assist with production support by joining bridge calls to address production issues, carrying a production support pager for after-hours support, and investigating customer support issues.
• 3 to 5 years software development experience
• 3 to 5 years’ experience in the financial industry
• Expertise in Cobol, JCL? SQL (DB2)
• Expertise in MVS, TSO, SDSF
• Expertise in Batch Processing applications
• Expertise in code management processes (Endevor)
• Experienced in use of development tools ABENDAID
• Familiar with Canadian Cheque Payment processes
• Familiar with Windows and UNIX operating systems such as AIX. File System knowledge, Permissions, Scripting, etc.
• Familiar with Banking applications in a national/global multi-bank, multi-lingual, multi-currencies environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in production level operational design and support addressing best practices / designs for scalability, robustness, redundancy, system management, alert management, change management, and configuration management
• Strong knowledge in designing and coding secure applications
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!