Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Risk Analyst
Risk Analyst (60874341)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Execute infrastructure changes with regards to implementation of new or revised trading business and risk policies or processes and ensure that changes are executed in accordance with Capital Markets Risk Management change control procedures and EUC standards
• Ensure regulatory risks within portfolios covered are correctly measured, aggregated, and analyzed in accordance with established and approved market risk policies
• Perform ad-hoc analyses of specific risk metrics/transactions as required by management
• Liaise closely with the client’s front office traders, Trading Business Management, Market Risk Control, Compliance audit, technology groups, and other stakeholders to assist in meeting the client’s objectives
• Managing operational risk (e.g., cross-training, documentation, and audit).
• Propose, schedule, plan and champion projects to improve efficiencies in order to provide more effective business support
• 2-4+ years Risk Analyst experience with a strong quantitative background
• Advanced Excel (VBA-Visual Basic for Applications; pivot tables, macros)
• Strong MS Access (able to build from scratch)
• Knowledge of Derivative Products, Emerging Regulations (Volcker, IHC,etc.) and Market Risk Metrics
• Undergraduate degree in: Finance, Business, Math, Economics, Statistics, or Actuarial Science
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!