Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Major Incident Specialist
Major Incident Specialist (60874993)
Contract Duration: (24 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Drive and implementation of standard execution of the Major Incident Management process.
• Coordination and management of Major Incident Management process activities.
• Escalation of risks and issues to the Major Incident Management Process Owner.
• Drive agreement on the Major Incidents’ issue definition, impact, action plan and success criteria.
• Facilitates effective and timely resolution of the Major Incident and service restoration with the Production Support Team, Customer Support and partners (internal and external) to meet/exceed operational/business SLAs and OLAs
• Provide key decisions during major incident resolution conferences, which include coordinating decisions with the business and providing major incident resolution leadership during conference calls.
• Clearly document the troubleshooting steps taken during the Major Incidents in chronological order, and also document all action items, owners, timelines and author status communications and relevant updates.
• Facilitate and drive “all hands on deck” sessions /meetings if necessary with IT teams to improve the overall stability of the production environment.
• Undertake and drive post incident reviews, with the focus on identifying process and (or) operational improvements including short term and long term requirements
• Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience running complex Major Incident bridges and problem investigations
• Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience within the IT environment such as but not limited to (Cloud Environment; Legacy Environment; Applications; Networking skills)
• Strong leadership skills, with the ability to work within all levels of the organization
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to communicate confidently and clearly on conference calls, in meetings, via email, etc. at all levels of the organization is essential.
• An understanding and experience of the technology used in a large enterprise is required (i.e. one or more of: Unix / Linux, Windows, storage, networking, databases, IT security, web infrastructure, application support, Cloud computing).
• Problem management skills within a support environment including a strong sense of commitment and drive towards incident resolution.
• Demonstrated ability to appropriately utilize delegated authority to influence and direct in a matrix environment.
• Analytical ability to identify underlying issues from numerous sources.
• ITIL Foundations Certification.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!