Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Senior Windows 10 Desktop Engineer
Senior Windows 10 Desktop Engineer (60905182)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Architect, build and maintain the enterprise automated desktop image configuration management solution.
• Package, test, and deploy business software packages and updates to the end-user environment.
• Write software solutions using Windows .Net Framework and other software solutions for various production environment and customer needs.
• Evaluate new emerging technologies and products to enhance the desktop imaging solution.
• Conduct testing and evaluation of new desktop hardware models, maintaining a continuous build and test cycle.
• Develop and maintain an advanced test-driven development cycle in preparation for a production level quality product.
• Work on a cross-functional team responsible for the enterprise-wide migration effort from Windows 7 to Windows 10
• Understand project goals and high level timing and create a detailed plan
• Work closely with a wide range of business units to guide them through Windows 10 preparation and execution activities
• In line with Microsoft best practices, make recommendations for Windows 10 configuration, imaging, scripting and deployment
• Assess desktop application requirements by department and complete thorough testing to verify compatibility with Windows 10
• Manage migration tasks following industry-standard practices
• Act as technical expert on Windows 10 and Office 365
• Document full build and deployment processes to ensure consistency
• Write scripts for automation, configuration and deployment
• Experience with Office 2013, 0365, 2016, SharePoint, One Drive
• Mastery level knowledge of supporting, managing and implementing Microsoft Windows 10 and legacy Operating Systems
• Function as a subject matter expert for OSD (operating system deployment) and Windows as a Service (Windows 10 WaaS).
• Continued creation and maintenance of Operating System Deployment (OSD) task sequences with SCCM (Systems Center Configuration Manager), MDT (Microsoft Deployment Toolkit), and OMS (Operations Management Suite)
• Must have significant Microsoft Windows Engineering and Administration, as well as Infrastructure Knowledge
• Experience in application interaction with operating systems, including the Windows registry, COM object registration, system/user variables and user-centric data related to application settings
• Proficiency (Advance level) with scripting languages (Python, VB Script PowerShell [DSC preferred], etc.)
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!