Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Data Centre Operator
Data Centre Operator (60934616)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Performs Computer Operations activities accurately and efficiently to ensure computer availability meets service level expectations. This includes effectively monitoring all computer systems for errors, alert messages and escalating problems to appropriate support staff/vendors when necessary. It also, involves being proactive, through training and experience, in anticipating issues that may arise and bringing this to the attention of the supervisor
• Monitoring revenue generating systems, vehicle arrival systems, vehicle maintenance systems and dealing with error conditions that arise from malfunctioning computer hardware, data communications, system software etc.
• Monitoring batch jobs and schedules, entering commands as required and suggesting operational changes to improve process efficiency
• Operating and maintaining computers and peripheral equipment according to operational procedures and work instructions
• Escalating outstanding hardware problems to appropriate external service providers for problem resolution in accordance with vendor maintenance agreements
• Performs Service Desk related duties after regular business hours
• Ensuring that the standard Service Desk operating procedures are followed
• Ensuring customer service is delivered effectively and consistently according to Service Desk standards
• Acting as first line Service Desk support after regular business hours
• Identifying, diagnosing and performing initial incident resolution
• Ensuring all production incidents/problems are documented according to defined incident management procedures
• Co-ordinating incident resolutions with the various groups within IT Services Department;
• Monitoring and logging resolution progress and providing clients with follow-up as per service level agreements
• Performing password verification and resetting for mainframe and network clients.
• Monitoring, controlling, configuring and operating the computerized environmental monitoring and access security system
• Responding to and reporting on any existing alarm conditions triggered
• Must be knowledgeable in mainframe and client server based systems with knowledge gained through relevant experience and specialized courses
• Requires technical experience in a Computer Operations environment
• Must have a thorough knowledge of the various computer hardware, operating systems, job control languages, applications and software systems
• Must have working knowledge of VM/ESA, DOS/VSE, CICS, FAQS, PCS, CMS and NetBackup back-up software
• Exposure to Service Desk practices and principles is required
• Must be familiar with incident management software tools such as CA s’ Service Desk Manager
• Must have working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft Office in an enterprise environment
• Additional skills in basic programming (batch scripting), web development (HTML, .NET), and an understanding of web applications and databases would be beneficial
• Must possess sound judgement and well-developed organizational, analytical, administrative, customer service and interpersonal skills along with effective verbal and written communication skills
• These skills and knowledge would normally be acquired by obtaining a University Degree/Community College Diploma in Information Technology combined with directly related work experience. The specialized courses include knowledge/certifications in A+, Network+, MCP, and ITIL.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!