Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for an Oracle APEX/PL/SQL Developer
Oracle APEX/PL/SQL Developer (60979245)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Design, develop, test and deploy new features / enhancements for Oracle APEX web application, using PL/SQL, APEX and other technologies.
• Design and implement Oracle database application components including: data model, Oracle 11g/12c packages, stored procedures/functions, other schema objects and ETL processes.
• Design and develop Oracle APEX user interface, functionality and reports
• Implement system integration with other applications, create integration interface and APIs using RESTful Web Service and other technologies
• Unit test application functionality and integration, and assist user acceptance testing.
• Create and maintain functional and technical documentation as required throughout the project.
• Provide technical support and maintenance during the various phases of the project and applications in production, communicate with users, and resolve issues reported.
• Monitor and address issues related to system stability, scalability, performance and security.
• Evaluate different / alternative design approaches, and make recommendations and to meet user requirements and business needs.
• Propose, establish or modify standards for development where needed.
• Participate in project and team meetings, interacting and collaborating with team members, business clients and other departments as appropriate.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• University/Community College degree in Computer Science/Electronic Engineering or equivalent a definite asset.
• Solid understanding of System Development Life Cycle and processes. Experience with software analysis and design techniques and system implementation methodologies. Strong knowledge and experience with standards, methodologies and best practices in relation to application development. Preference given to database application, Oracle APEX, and PL/SQL development.
• Proficiency in RDBMS concepts, data modeling, and data migration and advanced experience in creating and using database objects required.
• Good understanding of various forms of multi-tiered software architectures and web applications and extensive experience in web application development.
• Good understanding of enterprise application integration, APIs and web services.
• Experience in functional, technical and project documentation; Experience in all facets of testing (unit, functional, integration, system, regression, performance and user acceptance testing).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Maintain a strong customer service orientation even while in stressful situations. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to manage multiple assignments with changing priorities and deadlines.
• Strong skill level with Oracle’s Application Express framework (APEX). Demonstrated experience (2+ years) with Oracle APEX application development. Must be able to design and develop from beginning through to implementation. Preference given to Oracle APEX 5.x version experience
• Advanced knowledge of RDBMS concepts and Oracle database development experience (5+ years) including data modeling, SQL, PL/SQL, performance tuning, and ETL.
• Hands-on experience with Technical Design and Development of Database modules and components such as database packages and procedures etc. Experience with Oracle specific tools and utilities such as SQL Plus and Oracle SQL Developer.
• Certification in Oracle Application Development or equivalent a definite asset.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!