Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a UX Designer
UX Designer (60979626)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Works closely with business analysts, business sponsors, project managers and IT teams to obtain and understand business requirements.
• Creates the design of user interface specifications, by applying client research, design standards, industry best practices, taking into account strategic business objectives, user needs, systems constraints.
• Participates in design review sessions with project teams, acquiring consensus and getting approvals on designs and documentation.
• Executes business acceptance test cases and testing.
• Works with the project managers to ensure that usability deliverables accommodate project timelines, budgets, technical and scope constraints.
• Contributes to the development, maintenance, and continuous improvement of efficient and effective usability methodology/process, documentation, workflow, ROI, metrics and design standards.
• Acts as a user experience advocate regarding principles of user experience and user-centered design.
• Proven understanding of user-centered design techniques and demonstrated ability to incorporate UCD principles into the architecture and design of user interfaces.
• Demonstrated ability in gathering and translating requirements from business sponsors, SMEs, users, and business analysts etc.
• Experience applying usability testing techniques and principles.
• Experience applying a web design standard • Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to articulate ideas effectively.
• Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop.
• Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Strong detail orientation, and a passion for consistency.
• 3+ years of related work experience
• Portfolio of past work
• Experience with setting up and conducting UX research, guerilla and planned.
• Ability to work with other team members, analyzing and incorporating ideas from all disciplines
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!