Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Middleware Application Specialist
Middleware Application Specialist (61000461)
Contract Duration: (9 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Work with management on the design, build and delivery of technology-enabled applications, products and high quality services that adhere to quality management and development standards.
• Provide detailed solutions to business/technical issues and ensure that design specifications meet architecture and requirements specifications and that development schedules are also met
• Provide solution recommendations that have potential business/process automation impact and organization/financial impact
• Work with team members in the areas of Build, Integration and Middleware
• Work with management to coordinate internal and external business contacts as the key contact for the outsourced development team
• Provide feedback to architecture or high-level solution designs, project plans, requirements, testing and change/implementation review and walkthroughs.
• Integrate system solutions to handle confidential data/information and transfers between client and service providers
• Define logical data models and processing models based on business requirements in order to meet the needs of the organization's information requirements and helping to determine data requirements, normalization, structure and distribution.
• Coordinate system installations and software testing
• Conduct technical and detailed design walkthroughs and code reviews
• University degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent.
• 10+ years of solid hands-on experience in WebSphere Application Server V6/7/8/9
• 10+ years’ experience in design, build, configure, deploy, support, and maintenance of Enterprise Java solutions
• 5+ years’ experience in ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) v3 concepts and practices in IT Service Management.
• 5+ years’ experience in Java based technologies with general knowledge of specific components such as Authentication/Authorization, Active Directory, LDAP, CICS Transaction Gateway, JMS, MQ, JDBC, FTP, Mail etc.
• 5+ years’ experience in working with business applications that have transaction data in DB2 and Oracle databases
• 5+ years’ experience in distributed system integration technologies that span various platforms and operating systems
• 5+ years’ experience in HTTP/S, FTP technologies including Secure FTP, FTPS, sFTP etc
• 2+ years of experience in Redhat Enterprise Linux Server 5.x/6.x and AIX 5/7.x Operating system
• Strong troubleshooting capability
• Good communication skills to interact with business users, functional and technical teams and SMEs.
• Strong knowledge sharing and knowledge transferring skills
• Ability to work in an environment of high growth and constant challenges.
• Good team player who takes instructions, can work in a fast pace project team with good listening skills
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!