Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Java Software Engineer
Java Software Engineer (61099138)
Contract Duration: (2 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Designing, implementing and refactoring code (typically Java, or C#).
• Participating in design discussions focused on scalability and design and implementation best practices.
• Ensure software, programs and applications are developed and/or configured to meet high availability, integrity and reliability requirements.
• Working with lead engineers and architects on breaking-down, scoping and estimating tasks.
• Participating in planning and retrospective sessions, attending stand-ups, etc.
• Be able to design, build and operate the software and infrastructure that keeps our solutions running.
• Our teams are flexible and fast – you will be asked to provide leadership, mentorship, peer review and quality control on a daily basis.
• 3+ years of experience designing and implementing software.
• 5 to 7+ years of experience developing real-time applications in Java/J2EE for enterprise clients.
• Solid knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages: Java, C#.
• Experience designing and implementing RESTful services, good knowledge of HTTP specifics.
• Knowledge of most common software design patterns.
• Awareness of how scalable, enterprise-level software system is designed (both on code and infrastructure levels).
• Experience working with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server).
• Understanding of software release process (environments, binary repositories, CI/CD).
• Writing and maintaining related documentation.
• Investigating, analyzing, and resolving system problems.
• Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in Computer Science.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!