Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Senior Analyst
Senior Analyst – Desktop Engineering (61159914)
Contract Duration: (9 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Develop and maintain design specifications that meet technical, functional and nonfunctional requirements and conform to service definition, geographical requirements, and architecture and security standards
• Design and develop infrastructure solutions that enhance the management, stability, security, disaster recovery and cost effectiveness of the global end user computing environment
• Maintain documentation on all technical services and solutions in compliance with accepted service design standards
• Communicate frequently and effectively with client service peers; client interaction is key to managing expectations, assessing needs, and customizing solutions
• Work with operational support teams to collect, analyse and report on incident and problem data with a view on continuous improvement, and capacity management
• Interact with various engineering and technical support teams across the information technology organization including networking, servers, storage, security, service desk and front line support.
• University degree/college diploma in related discipline(s) or equivalent work experience, and/or 7+ years of industry experience in the IT industry
• Understanding and aptitude for emerging industry technologies such as cloud solutions for end user platform and infrastructure technologies (Azure); Next Generation enterprise mobile thin client hardware (Chromebook)
• Understanding and aptitude for end user client computing technologies such as application (CITRIX) and O/S virtualization (VMWare); mobile security, device management and connectivity (Airwatch, Intune)
• Technical background including experience with client computing hardware and Windows O/S platforms
• Experience with the Microsoft Suite of technologies that support the desktop environment (i.e. SCCM, SCOM etc)
• Experience with Thin Client compute platforms (WYSE)
• Expert understanding of Active Directory and group policy objects and federated services
• Experience with enterprise endpoint protection security products (i.e. McAfee AV, Encryption, Firewall, ePO)
• Experience in desktop management and desktop operating system support for Win7 and Win10
• Solid written and verbal communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!