Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Data Analyst
Data Analyst (61424049)
Contract Duration: (3.5 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Proactively develops new reports and enhances existing ones on Excel, PowerPoint, PowerBI, and MS Access to meet the needs of internal clients
• Analyzes business needs for information and provides data and recommendations that are in line with best practices
• Based on team and stakeholders’ requirements, designs, develops, tests, and implements automated reporting systems, dashboards, platforms, and infrastructure to support report generation and enhance self-service and usability
• Ensures quality and consistency of generated reports, and distributes reports to internal stakeholders in an efficient and timely manner.
• Works with stakeholders up to Director and VP level to deliver presentations and provide recommendations based on what the data says
• Supports the core mandate of the Knowledge Management team; which is to develop and maintain a strategic framework for reporting and analytical capabilities is support of ITSSMG
• Proactively liaises with internal stakeholders such as Finance, Procurement, Third Party Risk Management, Security, Audit, Technology and others to ensure appropriate flow of data and manage business reporting requirements.
• Participates in the implementation of a Supplier Management solution, producing documentation for functional requirements, specifications and technical requirements
• University degree in computer science, mathematics, or Information Technology
• 2+ years’ experience in reporting and/or systems analyst role
• Working experience within Supplier Management or Procurement areas an asset.
• Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Access applications and associated VBA
• Experience with PowerBI, Tableau, SharePoint are valuable asset
• Experience with the implementation or use of Supplier Management packages such as iValua, Ariba or other an asset
• Strong analytical, judgement and problem solving skills
• Good decision making skills, and ability to take ownership and work independently are required
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!