Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Data Modeler/Analyst
Data Modeler/Analyst (61444520)
Contract Duration: (6.5 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Work with the project team to define and document the business’ reporting requirements and the underlying data requirements.
• Research, collect and review potential data sources and assess data quality. Make recommendations for enhancements to systems of record to improve accuracy of source data.
• Define data acquisition and data transformation processes to satisfy reporting requirements.
• Proactively seek opportunities to automate the most time and resource intensive processes related to data collection, validation, transformation, etc. to optimize the production and delivery of dashboards/reports.
• Design, build and maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models to support reporting requirements.
• Define, document and maintain data standards, definitions, and models (e.g. data dictionary, data models).
• Incorporate data governance and access control into database design and data models.
• Serve as a subject matter expert relating to data analysis and data management. Help investigate and diagnose data-related issues and ensure problems and defects are resolved in a timely manner.
• 8 years of data analysis, data modeling and data architecture experience particularly in Business Intelligence (BI) / Data Warehouse (DW) implementation projects.
• Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience with data modeling, Business Intelligence (BI) and Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) tools.
• Experience with Microsoft’s BI stack (SSIS, SSRS, and Power BI) is a plus.
• Must be detail-oriented with a solid reputation of producing high quality deliverables.
• Advanced data manipulation skills using Excel is mandatory.
• Comprehensive knowledge of relational and dimensional data modeling practices and implementation techniques.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with SQL. Experience designing and developing database objects (tables, views, stored procedures).
• Strong understanding of IT service management processes and frameworks (e.g., ITIL). Experience with IT service management tools such as ServiceNow is an asset.
• Experience with Cloud technologies (e.g., Microsoft Azure) is an asset.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a self-directed manner and also as part of a project team.
• Ability to effectively handle ambiguous, ad hoc tasks and changes in direction and priorities in response to unexpected events and circumstances.
• A recognized undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!