Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Business Analyst
Business Analyst (61465351)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Developing business requirements for mobile, CRM and EDRMs solutions and systems using client templates
• Working with Information Technology Division, Purchasing Division and Solid Waste Management staff to obtain the necessary business and system requirements
• Documenting and analyzing business processes, business requirements, inputs, outputs, integration points
• Conduct workflow analysis and business process modelling
• Documenting, including but not limited to, requirements definitions as well as cost estimates for the projects
• Identification and definitions of key objectives, risks and drivers, to create appropriate plans
• Ensuring that system changes and solutions are aligned within the current client infrastructure and fit the architectural model
• Taking responsibility for eliciting, documenting and confirming business and system requirements, particularly where they have an impact on common, enterprise-wide CRM, EDRMs and mobile solutions
• Documenting non-functional requirements
• Liaising and communicating with other members of the Division who support SWMS solutions as well as other Business Analysts
• Working closely with the PM and the project team to identify and document gaps and needs, and to track and resolve project problems, defects and issues;
• Performing other duties as required.
• University degree in computer science or related discipline, and considerable years of 'progressively more responsible' experience working on large-scale information technology projects or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A solid understanding and demonstrated experience of business and systems requirement gathering leading to the implementation of enterprise CRM, EDRMs and mobile solutions.
• Planning and time management skills; demonstrated experience with estimating timelines and meeting targets, self-motivated in producing and delivering tangible results.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), facilitation and presentation skills; research, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• 5 years of application systems experience performing requirements elicitation and analysis, subject matter expert interviews and impact analysis.
• 5 years of application systems experience defining business requirements, functional requirements specifications, business processes, data and workflow models, use cases, security context and entity relationship diagrams.
• 3 years of application systems experience and demonstrated ability to evaluate, recommend and document business workflow, procedures, roles and responsibilities and systems integration and conversion strategies.
• 3 years of experience and demonstrated ability to establish and maintain an effective relationship with clients and other business organizations with a strong customer service orientation.
• 3 years of experience and demonstrated ability to lead the business requirements definition process, analysis and documentation requirements relative to system design and development of its functionality and architecture.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!