Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Front-End Developer
Front-End Developer (61465573)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Communicate design ideas and describe the reasoning behind decisions based on constraints and relevant context both verbally and through written correspondence and presentations to various levels of audience;
• Assist in developing and overseeing user interface designs, prototypes, and specifications across multiple platforms, including mobile devices, while working with appropriate content, technical, and communication/divisional staff.
• Incorporating all necessary HTML and CSS into WordPress themes, templates and additional PHP and HTML pages
• WordPress development including theme and individual template development, plugin tweaks, new feature development
• Find, follow, recommend, and implement general web best-practices that improve site performance and engagement
• Consolidate feedback reviewing best practices and preparing reports and recommendations based on the results
• Recommend designs and strategies to comply with applicable accessibility legislation (AODA) and guidelines.
• Recommend how designs/prototypes can best reflect user needs and specifications, technical capabilities, and adherence to usability standards and guidelines.
• Collaborate with other developers, designers and team members in creation and implementation of project work
• Support current portal by providing technical support and maintenance
• Use your experience to recognize system deficiencies and implement/suggest effective solutions for you and your team
• Plan and implement using agile practices.
• Experience designing and developing responsive design websites using WordPress
• Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
• Experience in converting comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
• Experience with AODA and WCAG accessibility standards
• Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git, GitHub and GitLab)
• Understanding of database technologies such as SQL
• Knowing the intricacies of working with different browsers (different vendors, old and new versions, mobile versus desktop)
• Strong communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
• Familiarity with Cloud hosting including Google and AWS
• Experience and understanding of one or more different agile methodologies
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!