Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Business Intelligence Developer
Business Intelligence Developer (61486383)
Contract Duration: (6.5 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Design, develop and maintain SSIS packages to integrate data from the most appropriate data sources to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
• Design, develop and maintain SSRS and Power BI dashboards/reports.
• Proactively seek to understand end-user requirements in order to implement effective data visualizations in dashboards/reports.
• Proactively seek opportunities to automate the most time and resource intensive processes related to data collection, validation, transformation, etc. to optimize the production and delivery of dashboards/reports.
• Design, develop and maintain a web-based portal for all published dashboards/reports.
• Contribute to the design and implementation of branding (i.e., standardized “look and feel”) for all dashboards/reports.
• Assist in the development of a future state BI architecture and roadmap.
• Serve as a BI subject matter expert and contribute to the maintenance and operations of the department’s BI environment (production and non-production). Help investigate and diagnose issues and ensure problems and defects are resolved in a timely manner.
• Minimum 8 years hands-on technical Business Intelligence experience with expert knowledge in Microsoft BI technologies (SQL Server 2016 Enterprise, SSIS, SSRS and Power BI).
• Experience with other BI tools such as Tableau, MicroStrategy, etc. is an asset.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL.
• Experience designing and developing database objects (tables, views, stored procedures).
• Strong understanding of IT service management processes and frameworks (e.g., ITIL). Experience with IT service management tools such as ServiceNow is an asset.
• Experience with Cloud technologies (e.g., Microsoft Azure) is an asset.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a self-directed manner and also as part of a project team.
• Ability to effectively handle ambiguous, ad hoc tasks and changes in direction and priorities in response to unexpected events and circumstances.
• A recognized undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent
• Microsoft BI Certification (2016) preferred
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!