Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Business Analyst
Business Analyst (61486470)
Contract Duration: (6.5 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Work within a team of data analysts and database architects to design, develop and implement management-level metrics, reports and dashboards based on current priorities.
• Investigate, select and coordinate data feeds from the most appropriate sources across the client business to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
• Develop communication plans, create effective communication materials and develop information channels with executives, senior management, internal clients and data providers in relation to the data elements and data processes.
• Serve as an analytics and reporting subject matter expert. Resolve complex reporting issues and provide ad-hoc analytical services to Management teams.
• Coordinate data framework across various tool sets used by different IT departments.
• Minimum eight years of experience in analytics, reporting and documentation.
• Minimum eight years of experience with data modeling, data warehousing, Business Intelligence (BI) and Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) tools.
• Minimum five years of IT consulting experience.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills. Good written communication skills a must.
• Must be detail-oriented with a solid reputation of producing high quality deliverables.
• Advanced data manipulation skills using Excel is mandatory. SQL experience is a plus.
• Experience with Microsoft’s BI stack (SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS) is a plus.
• Strong understanding of IT and/or IS management processes and frameworks, such as ITIL, COBIT, etc.
• Strong organization and project management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work effectively in a self-directed manner and also as part of a team.
• Ability to effectively handle ambiguous, ad hoc tasks and changes in direction and priorities in response to unexpected events and circumstances.
• A recognized undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Technology, Business, or a related discipline.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!