Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Project Control Officer
Project Control Officer (61486646)
Contract Duration: (6.5 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Maintain the project files; this pertains to project documentation, approvals, drawdowns, spreadsheets, meeting minutes, monthly status reports, third party contracts and other correspondence and documentation as appropriate.
• Maintain the budget; this includes auditing items to be delivered, reviewing the recurring time tracking reports for anomalies, ensuring all invoices have been approved with the proper sign-offs prior to payment and ensuring drawdowns are properly recorded, and maintaining ongoing cost to complete forecasts. This includes full reconciliation of the project budget and completing investigations for differences as they occur.
• Act as the project secretariat; this includes preparing/distributing agendas, attending meetings, preparing/distributing clear and detailed minutes on a timely basis, recording, communicating and following up on action items and maintaining project distribution lists.
• Support the Project Manager or Delivery Manager to ensure all appropriate areas are represented on the project team and to maintain momentum of the project against a background of constantly conflicting priorities. The individual may be required to multitask on several projects at one time depending upon complexity and activities in progress.
• Formally document and cost project activities by using tools like Microsoft Project and other organizationally-mandated tools and books-of-record.
• Ongoing communication of project status, completing the agreed-upon project reports and escalating issues to the Project Manager, Delivery Manager, or Senior Delivery Manager as required.
• 5-7 Years of overall experience
• Excellent Microsoft Project knowledge and exceptional Excel skills.
• Good knowledge of project management tools and methodologies
• Formal Project Management Education is desired.
• PMP designation is an asset.
• Strong communicator both verbally and through written/pictorial reporting.
• Ability to effectively support a multiple number of projects of similar complexity in a sophisticated matrix management organization.
• Ability to thoroughly understand the client’s formal and informal organization structure is imperative.
• Expert ability to balance competing or conflicting requests of various projects, stakeholders, requiring a professional approach and highly developed negotiation and influencing skills.
• Ability to develop and maintain an MS Project Schedule, including multiple files consolidation and reporting.
• Familiarity with IT concepts, methodology and vocabulary.
• Business results orientation.
• Disciplined approach to accountabilities.
• Objective and open minded approach.
• Solid problem solving skills and analytical skills to creatively develop unique solutions/approaches to resolve issues.
• Perseverance, flexibility and efficiency to overcome challenges standing in the way of the successful completion of the project.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!