Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a QA Test Analyst
QA Test Analyst (61527991)
Contract Duration: (45 weeks)
Location: Toronto, ON
Responsibilities will range from analyzing requirements, creating Quality Assurance plan, ensuring completion of QA identified activities, creating test plans and test cases for system testing, executing test cases, documenting problem reports for identified problems, performing regression testing, maintaining test logs and producing test metrics based on test results. Ensure that the execution of QA processes and testing strategies lead to the deployment of quality applications and products to client users and customers. Analyze project or requirement documents to identify test requirements. Review all relevant project documentation and provide feedback as required. Contribute to the planning, executing and reporting for the program testing activities. Identify and recommend changes to enhance effectiveness of software development life cycle. There will also be technical responsibilities of configuring hardware for the purpose of troubleshooting when investigating issues or problems specific to each project.
• University degree in Computer Science, Electrical / Computer Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years QA experience with multi-layer architectural applications and complex enterprise applications.
• Strong understanding of CAD/AVL concepts and technologies including Terrestrial Trunked Radio (TETRA) protocol, WLAN infrastructure, messaging, mobile data terminals (MDT), Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
• Demonstrated experience testing interfaces to multiple systems
• Understanding QA processes based on CMMI and/or ISO standards. Knowledge of various testing methodologies (waterfall, agile)
• Extensive experience in assessing and reviewing business and system requirements, requirement analysis, verification, traceability, gap analysis, risks.
• Hands on experience in testing with various relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle) as well as flat files based data, including binary and encrypted data
• Experience in automation of testing for data warehouse, databases, and data quality. Development of testing scripts (HP UFT, QTP, Perl, Shell, etc.) for testing of complex business logic, output data and log files parsing/analysis.
• MS SharePoint and Team Foundation Server experience
• Knowledge of Software Metrics concepts (Function Points).
• Performance testing experience
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!