Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Disaster Recovery Analyst
Disaster Recovery Analyst (61530223)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Reporting to the DR Manager, duties cover analysis of technical systems (Infrastructure, Servers, Applications, Databases/Plaftforms and other supporting systems), assess and develop Disaster Recovery (DR) and business continuity planning (BCP) capabilities and processes across IT departments and client business.
• Responsible for disaster recovery and resumption plans and ensuring the security and integrity of data, databases, information systems, and technology.
• Liaise between business stakeholders, IT technical support, design and implement technical or business process changes effecting the overall DR program.
• Responsible to develop and implement disaster recovery program, ensuring alignment with business and regulatory requirements.
• Performing periodic audits of existing Disaster Recovery Plans and makes recommendations for improvements
• Provide DR and BCP guidance, analyses, design and implement DR and BCP processes for ITS projects and initiatives.
• Creating/Updating DR governance processes, policies, operating standards, templates and other related documents
• Completion of a university degree in Computer Science, Information or Business Systems, or equivalent, combined with several years of directly related experience with application architectures, systems analysis and design, disaster recovery or business continuity planning.
• Minimum 5 years of direct disaster recovery and business continuity management experience, including DR/IT application certifications (e.g. ABCP, CBCP, BCCE, DRCE) are an asset.
• Minimum 5-7 years of disaster recovery/business continuity experience
• Sound knowledge and training in disaster recovery and business continuity methodologies, best practices and tools (DRII, BCI, ITIL etc.).
• Good knowledge of approaches to disaster recovery planning, capabilities and processes; ; approaches to disaster recovery testing and reporting; articulation and visual depiction of future state DR solutions
• Highly developed Technical Skills and Analysis and thorough understanding of Server, Application other Technical understanding of terminologies and concepts
• Demonstrated experience with disaster recovery and business continuity requirements gathering, plan development, testing and maintenance programs.
• Sound knowledge in Emergency/Crisis/Disaster management and communication requirements
• Sound working knowledge and experience performing Business Impact Analysis (BIA) and Risk Assessments (RA) and presenting to ITS executives and business audience
• Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, prioritize and quality and quantity requirements met and maintained.
• Must have the ability to motivate and work with diverse set of stakeholders and to translate business needs into technology and DR/BCP program improvements
• Sound knowledge of computer network hardware/software and applications. Must continually be fully aware of industry trends and developments.
• Well-developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, strong analytical and sound problem solving skills and effective conceptualization, presentation and facilitation skills.
• Experience in Identification and analysis of DR and BCP gaps
• Experience in providing training and presentation to all levels of stakeholders
• Experience in identifying and mapping critical business processes, and process re-engineering
• Demonstrated experience in Technology and DR testing and documentation
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!