Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a DevOps Engineer
DevOps Engineer (61632416)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Working with a team of designers, analysts and developers to understand current application deployment requirements and infrastructure.
• Automating deployment of Linux based applications containers, environment configurations and security settings and certificates.
• Learning about and gathering new technologies and related tools to integrate into the teams DevOps tool-set.
• Designing and implementing deployment pipelines to improve our Continuous Integration and Deployment capabilities.
• Evangelizing Cloud and DevOps culture and processes across the broader team.
• Minimum 5 years of experience with DevOps Practices such as Continuous integration and continuous deployment, configuration management, metrics and monitoring schemes, virtualization and cloud computing.
• Strong experience in automating large-scale deployments, system administration, capacity planning, systems design, and automation for distributed data systems, services and APIs is essential.
• Strong experience with Clustering, Network Load Balancing, Geographic redundancy, Fail Over Solutions, Data Backups, Recovery and Replication as well as Monitoring and Alerting is required.
• Important to have recent, hands-on development experience in using Agile processes with Java and Spring based applications. Knowledge of Application Servers such as Tomcat, JBoss or WebLogic is expected.
• Experienced in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment and familiar with modern DevOps toolchain using tools such as GitHub, Maven, Jenkins and Artifactory.
• Experienced in modern application containerization using tools such as Docker and Kubernetes. Experience with RedHat Linux and OpenShift is a huge benefit.
• Excellent “production-level” scripting expertise with tools such as Bash, Ruby, Python or Groovy.
• Highly preferable to have real cloud experience using AWS, Google or Azure and be knowledgeable in the different cloud concepts such as IaaS and PaaS.
• Must have recent experience with virtualization technologies.
• 5+ years of DevOps/Continuous Integration experience using tools such as GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, and/or Artifactory.
• Strong experience in public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Google, or Azure) as well as IaaS and PaaS.
• Containerization experience using tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience with RedHat Linux
• Recent virtualization experience
• Previous Financial Experience
• Solaris experience
• Great communication skills - able to communicate technical ideas to senior stakeholders
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!