Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a zOS Supra Database Administrator
zOS Supra Database Administrator (57919003)
Contract Duration: (5 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Work with management to construct technology-enabled application database, products and high quality services that adhere to quality management and development standards. This includes:
• Provide details to business/technical issues and ensure that design specifications meet architecture and requirements specifications and that development schedules are also met;
• Provide options that have potential business/process automation impact and organization/financial impact;
• Provide high quality technical documentation, presenting it clearly to interested parties, and provide knowledge transfer to team members.
• Provide feedback to architecture or high-level requirements, testing and change/implementation review and walkthroughs.
• Integrate system solutions to handle confidential data/information and transfers between the client and service providers;
• Perform system installations, DB2 Upgrades, and software testing;
• Translate logical data model to physical data model
• University degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent.
• 10+ years’ experience in constructing, deploying, supporting, and maintaining Enterprise database solutions
• 8+ years working experience with zOS DB2 V9/10/11, SUPRA Databases
• 5+ years’ experience in business applications supported by DB2 and SUPRA databases
• 8+ years’ solid experience, proficient technical skills and knowledge in Z/OS, CICS, JCL, JES2, TSO/ISPF, COBOL, CLIST/REXX, SMP/E, RACF/TSS, DFHSM, Throughput manager
• 8+ years’ hands on experience and sound ability in software installation and DB2 migration (Upgrade)
• Strong knowledge of DB2 Connect on all platforms
• Working knowledge of DB2 LUW, TCP/IP, JDBC, ODBC
• Strong troubleshooting capability
• Good communication skills to interact with business users, functional and technical teams and other SMEs.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!