Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Senior SQL Server Database Administrator
Senior SQL Server Database Administrator (57954286)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Primary duties include implementing and maintaining backup and recovery procedures; maintaining data security, reliability and availability; capacity planning, usage monitoring and performance tuning.
• Implement SQL Server databases into all environments.
• Provide technical assessment of existing and new database software products including database engine and auxiliary software and makes recommendations for their use based on cost, suitability and performance requirements.
• Participate in system development activities providing technical recommendations to application development teams and users.
• Provide performance tuning recommendations and assistance to developers.
• Provide complex technical support for existing hardware and software products. Assess and recommend release levels and updates of database software and utilities, taking into account the impact on resource utilization and the support of existing products.
• Develop procedures and provides input to standards relating to technical aspects of database software.
• Develop, implement and document database related utilities and other standard activities.
• Participate in the short- and long-term planning processes related to hardware, software, capacity planning, and disaster recovery.
• Work with ITS (Information Technology Services) and security team to establish and maintain technical aspects of database security.
• Act as a liaison with ITS users and computer vendors to identify and resolve problems.
• Provide information and analyses for forecasting purposes.
• Provide technical input to formal tenders and information proposals.
• Maintain high level of technical knowledge of trends and products.
• Train and educate ITS operations and technical staff, application personnel and user groups.
• Perform typical duties inherent to the job.
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
• Microsoft Certified Database Administrator
• Working knowledge of IBM DB2, Oracle and/or Informix
• Must possess a minimum of 10 years of current senior SQL Server database administration and support experience in complex production environments.
• Must have experience designing, implementing and supporting complex high availability and disaster recovery database environments.
• Significant experience designing, building, tuning and supporting relational database environments in SQL Server.
• Significant experience designing, implementing and supporting high availability and disaster recovery environments using SQL Server mirroring, clustering, Geo-cluster, Always-on
• Effective troubleshooting and problem solving skills to aid in the identification of root cause issues and develop creative solutions.
• Strong SQL programming and tuning skills.
• Effective strong problem-solving skills, self-motivation, and demonstration of pro-active work in the design and management of reliable and robust production systems.
• Experience in the Microsoft Windows Server operating system.
• Experience with working in a team environment.
• Experience with working in a 7X24 environment.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!