Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Database Administrator
Database Administrator (58492918)
Contract Duration: (3.5 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Identify database requirements by interviewing stakeholders; analyzing department applications, programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and proposing new systems.
• Install, Setup, and Maintain Orcale Databeases (10g, 11g, 12c) on Linux, Unix, Windows.
• Perform databases backup/restore or cloning using RMAN.
• Install, Setup, Configure, Maintain, and Use OEM Grid Control (13c), Data Gard and RAC databases on filesystems and ASM.
• Provide solutions by defining database logical / physical structure and functional capabilities, data import/export, data migration, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
• Install revised or new systems by working on specifications and flowcharts; optimum access techniques; coordinating installation requirements.
• Maintain database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
• Provide DBA support services by answering questions and requests.
• Support database functions by coding utilities.
• Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• 10+ years’ solid DBA experience supporting Oracle on UNIX/LINUX (11g up) platforms
• 6+ years’ experience creating databases and ongoing support and administration of databases for large applications using Phusical Database Model (ERWIN).
• 6 + years’ solid experience with UNIX, LINUX, Windows Operating systems and UNIX shell scripting
• Proven ability to perform database change management, performance tuning, and problem solving
• 6+ years’ experience writing and debuging complex scripts.
• 6+ years’ experience supporting Warehouse Databases, installing new DBMS versions and applying maintenance fixes supplied by the DBMS vendor.
• Proven experience setting up Databases on Exadata, Multitenant Databases
• Strong troubleshooting capability
• Good communication skills to interact with business users, functional and technical teams and SMEs.
• Strong knowledge sharing and knowledge transferring skills
• Ability to work in an environment of high growth and constant challenges.
• Good team player who takes instructions, can work in a fast paced project team with strong listening skills
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!