Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Database Administrator
Database Administrator (58948619)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Provide on-site and remote database and system support 24x7
• Monitor the system, and act upon system and application automated alerts
• Perform diagnostics, testing, and troubleshooting of software, o/s, and database issues (ex. correcting installation, configuration, or data problems)
• Plan and perform software installation, configuration, upgrade and patching
• Plan and perform database configuration, maintenance, upgrade and patching
• Perform and manage system and database backups
• Perform manual switch to redundant system / database components, in case of system failure
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
• Over 5 years Database Administration experience
• Experience in providing technical support, covering database administration and operations to include monitoring maintenance capacity, performance monitoring/planning and incident/problem troubleshooting and resolution
• Experience with PostgreSQL 9.5/9.6 Deployment and Administration is a must.
• Experience on Linux RHEL 6.5/7.2 administration of disks, mailx, crontab, shell programming, etc.
• Experience on PostgreSQL Stream replication, Table replication, database links, Table partition
• Experience with database security TLS 1.2, SSL, LDAP configuration and maintenance.
• Experience with MSSQL services (SSRS/SSAS/SSIS) and SQL Mirroring/Always-On
• Experience on Windows server 2012/2008R2/2008
• Experience with application side tuning versus server side tuning.
• Experience with Linux shell, VB, C#, Power shell, SQL
• Experience in Agile, CiaD, Puppet, Docker
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!