On behalf or our client, we are looking for a Senior Data Modeller.
This is a 12-month contract position.
• Support the delivery of data warehouse and information solutions
• Develop and maintain logical and physical bi-temporal relational and dimensional data models for new and existing subject areas.
• Track and monitor the known gaps in the data model and develop reporting to communicate overall progress toward end-state of the enterprise warehouse services.
• Work with SMEs, Business Analysts and Technology teams to understand the data requirements and the full attribute set for entities and dimensions.
• Advise downstream data consumers on design of data consumption and data marts to meet specific end-user reporting requirements.
• Develop and maintain quality metadata within the data models to be shared with business analysts, and technology teams.
• Contribute towards development of data standards, data dictionaries, processes, and definitions of project and data requirements in support of strategy and ongoing operational support.
• Preparation of model documentation to support the model development/validation process.
• Work with the Senior Manager, Data Management and Data Business Analysts to determine a high level data strategy for the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
• Participate in warehouse design
• Diagram and document data flows and databases.
• Responsible for providing enterprise data solutions that meet the growing needs of the business.
Essential qualifications, knowledge and experience
Qualifications • Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent IT experience
• 3-5 years progressive experience in the data modelling, data warehousing, data quality or data governance field(s) preferred
• 3-5 years experience in the following: architecting enterprise information systems, analysing inter-relationships between various domains of enterprise information
• Preferred candidates will be experienced in the areas of customer service management, business systems integration, enterprise data management tools, and business intelligence technologies, approaches and practices (including data modelling, data aggregation, data profiling, data quality metric reporting).
Knowledge • Proficient in Data Modelling including conceptual, logical and physical data modelling
• Knowledge of data modelling tools like Power Designer, Embarcadero or Erwin
• Knowledge of data architecture principles and best practices required
Experience • Experience with modelling in a Data Warehousing and BI context (star schemas, BI modelling issues such as slowly changing dimensions).
• Experience with architectures supporting a data integration for different data consumption requirements: operational data store, data warehouse, data marts, analytical data stores
• Must have strong hands-on modelling experience with a Data Modelling tool - includes strong proficiency with model version control, repository management, management of merge/compare utilities, management of target models in both Oracle and SQL Server
• Proven record of delivering executable, communicable data models
• Good communication skills with the ability to present and explain data in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding at peer levels
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!