Position/Title: Data Developer
Length: December 31, 2017
Start Date: July, 2017
The Position: Data Developer
Our Client requires the services of a Data Developer who will be responsible for:
Accountabilities/responsibilities toward executing [technical] processes:-
- Performs data modeling by understanding the data and the associated business rules in order to build a digital abstraction representing a real-world situation.
- Builds computer programs to address a number of situations
- Transactional Data Processing
- Data Cleansing tasks to support the process of detecting and correcting (or removing) corrupt or inaccurate records from a record set, table, or database, and contributing to identifying incomplete, incorrect, inaccurate or irrelevant parts of the data and then replacing, modifying, or deleting the dirty or coarse data
- Development of Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) scripts for data from a variety of sources
- Development and use of internal and external (cloud) API modules for data processing and enrichment
- Development of data products for consumption on a variety of media (reports, kpi’s, dashboards) and channels (reports, portals, mobile).
- Constructing Data Visualization packets for further discovery and evaluation
- Develops permanent / temporary Database Systems solutions
- Supports business decisions with ad hoc data analysis, as needed.
- Provides code following data integration patterns across technical domains and functions using a data-centric approach.
- Participates in the devising of data solution architectures, as needed.
- Works with Data Analysts in the design and development of data products required for the broader commercialization and use of insights (visualizations, data integration, business workflow integration, etc.)
- Works with Data Specialist in the execution of Data Profiling and Quality Analysis activities within the business domains through the comparison of data against applicable data standards.
- Works with Data Scientist in building programs/solutions for data preparation aimed at data-readiness for further analysis and processing
Key Hiring/Evaluation Criteria and Mandatory Qualifications:
- Strong Analytical skills
- BI and analytics (Power BI)
- Attention to details and accuracy and quality-focused with regard to coding
- Worked on projects that have utilized an agile methodology
Technical Skills/Business Knowledge Needed
- SAP Hana
- SQL Server
- Microsoft Azure
- Methods / Practices
- Data warehousing (Kimball)
- Reporting & Analytics
- SAP BI Suite (Business Objects, Webi, Lumira, etc)
- Microsoft PowerBI
- Tibco Spotfire
Functional Skills (Must Have all)
- Process Adherence
- Business/Technical Translations
- Critical thinking
Thank you for your interest, however only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
"Modis is one of the world's largest and most respected providers of Information Technology Resource Management (ITRM) services."