This role will work with product specialists, software architects, mechanical and electrical engineers, and quality assurance analysts to bring a high technology product line to enterprise scale. The Architect will be expected to work generally as part of the core development team and design and produce code according to the product road map but when required would focus on the integration of company’s solution with client systems.
The development environment is .NET using C# and WCF and an interesting mix of other technologies (including AMQP, embedded device firmware, real time operating systems, and networking) as the solution set is extended into other medical devices and platform offerings.
This position focuses on the applications and middleware services that provide key business functions including stocking, inventory control, call centers, video infrastructure, and workflow. Expertise required in multiple areas, especially including build, continuous integration, and Scrum / Agile project management as well as leadership in assigning and monitoring work of team members.
When required to focus on integration the incumbent would be involved in the architecture, design, testing and delivery of the integrations and interoperability between client software programs, applications and third-party solutions and the company solution. These duties would include data mapping, workflow design and technical design and implementation of integration solutions in consultation with key internal and external stakeholders.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work closely with the technical leadership team, architects and other team members to produce scalable, reliable and secure solutions.
• Analyze, design and execute application architecture, using test-driven design (TDD) to meet defined technical and business requirements.
• Debugging and second-tier production support (first-line support will also be required in proof of concept scenarios).
• Create and support documentation.
• Research and prototyping.
• Provide 4th tier problem management process technical support (ITIL V3 Process).
• Participate in the preparation of project plans and tracking to that plan using Scrum/Agile.
• Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited educational institution
• Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in a .NET environment.
• Exposure to enterprise-level software development, including security and scalability aspects.
• Solid understanding of Web Services, WS-I standards, and design pattern.
• Experience with .NET 4.5/4.6, C#, WCF.
• Solid understanding of relational databases and SQL.
• Ability to work effectively inside a multi-disciplinary team environment.
Assets (nice to have but not mandatory):
• Experience with Enterprise Service Bus architecture (i.e. Azure) and messaging (AMQP) or equivalent.
• Experience with project, issue, and source code management systems.
• Familiarity with video conferencing including protocols such as SIP.
• Familiarity with the pharmaceutical and health industries including policy and regulatory requirements
• Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
• At the time of application, candidate must have Valid Canadian work authorization