API / Web Developer
Position/Title: API Developer
Length: Initial 6-month contract
Start Date: May 2018
Modis is looking to identify a Senior API Developer to develop leading edge solutions for their Banking and Financial applications.
- Closely collaborate with others in a squad model with peers and supporting business areas
- Restful API Development including assisting with best development practice and engaging with business stakeholder on API based business requirements.
- Contribute to proper development practices, including creating and maintaining documentation, adhering to change management requirements and quality standards
- Continuously assess new technology and emerging delivery methodology trends and make recommendations to leadership team for review
- Willingness to adapt to change, work in an agile manner.
- Experience implementing solutions with programming languages such as NodeJS, Java/SpringBoot, or similar languages
- Knowledge of running and deploying applications to Docker, Kubernetes and Cloud Native technologies
- Proven experience with databases (SQL Server, DB2, MySQL,...)
- Solid understanding of various development processes/tools including continuous delivery, branching strategies, code reviews, Jenkins, SVN, GIT..
- Well versed in security best practices as it relates to software development and operational support.
- Knowledge of software patterns such as MVC, Builder, Factories, Singleton.
- Awareness of Mobile development (Mobile Web, Android, iOS) would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, along with supporting tools and practices, such as Jenkins, DevOps, Test Driven Development and agile.Experience with collaboration tools such as Slack, G-Suite, JIRA, Confluence and others.
Thank you for your interest, however only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
Modis will only present your resume to client’s when your explicit permission is obtained.
Modis maintains a general inbox for all IT candidates. If you are interested in being considered for other roles in the Calgary and/or Edmonton markets, please forward your resume to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
"Modis is one of the world's largest and most respected providers of Information Technology Resource Management (ITRM) services."