Our client is an international company with HQ in Montreal. They are currently looking for a Devops Specialist for a permanent role. Located downtown Montreal.
The DevOps Specialist will be responsible for deploying and supporting the applications. Also responsible for constantly reviewing and improving applications health to ensure optimal performance.
- Work with the Project Managers to provide estimates and schedules for technical activities.
- Analyze product requirements and produce architectural recommendations on system and code level.
- Perform code reviews for standards, quality assurance and security audit purposes.
- Provide hands on application design and coding for the complex or sensitive parts of the project.
- Participate in the support and maintenance of the different products and projects.
- Develop monitoring or other systems scripts.
- Continuously suggest application improvements and optimizations
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5 years of experience in web development, deployment and support
- 5 years of experience in PHP & MySQL
- Experienced in Agile/SCRUM software development methodology
- Experience with Code Refactoring and Performance Tuning.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines/SLA agreements
- Ability to seamlessly switch between projects and prioritize
- Experience with NoSQL DB an asset
Domain specific knowledge skills:
- PHP: Familiarity with PHP frameworks, Symfony and Drupal are an asset
- Strong troubleshooting & analysis skills
- Ability to read and reverse engineer the code Tools
- Experience with source control software (SVN, GIT/STASH)
- Experience with Task Tracking tools (JIRA) Linux ¿ Experience with shell
- Bash scripting
- Experience with profiling tools Other
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Excellent English communication skills (written and spoken) Education
- Degree in Computer Science, Computing, Information Technology or equivalent