Systems Analyst II
Position: Systems Analyst II
Contract – 10 months
We are currently recruiting for a Systems Analyst II for one of the large institution based in Vancouver. The Systems Analyst II designs, implements, integrates and supports complex or campus-wide vendor supplied and custom-built applications.
- Facilitates the implementation and maintenance of enterprise applications
- Coordinates the integration of these applications with other systems and services
- Designs, develops and programs custom software, defines detailed application specifications, standards, and diagrams.
- Resolves complex applications related failures and defects independently or in consultation with other IT professionals. Perform in-depth troubleshooting using knowledge of network/server administration, internet protocols, database architecture and application configuration
- Designs and maintains complex databases using a variety of platforms to support application and research environments. Provide custom reporting, data analysis and extracts.
- Participates in the assessment of client needs utilizing a structured requirements process to identify business priorities.
- Identifies and documents business requirements, defines business rules and communicates requirements for the implementation of solutions.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science is preferred
- 5 years of experience, in-depth knowledge of applications and the business requirements supporting them or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong understanding with supporting, administrating and developing in UNIX environments including RedHat Enterprise Linux and CentOS
- Experience with HTML, PHP and Java
- Experience implementing enterprise web based solutions using all industry standard web servers
- Experience using scripting languages (such as ksh, PERL, Python)
- Experience developing and managing various database platforms (i.e Oracle, MySQL and Postgres)
- Experience troubleshooting systems infrastructure including SAN, NAS, firewalls, switches, load balancers and backup technologies