Job Description / The Role
You are passionate about User Interface and how it relates to the user's experience with a product. As a developer, you deliver simple, clean code that is tested and testable. You are intimately familiar with established UI/UX best practices. You carefully evaluate and communicate the merits and costs of design choices, not only on how it impacts the user but also how it impacts implementation and architecture. You are comfortable working in multiple programming languages. You are always looking for better ways to design and develop user interfaces.
As a member of the software development team, you will be designing, prototyping, and delivering scalable solutions in an agile environment. You will be responsible for contributing to individual products, the core software platform and for meeting the commitments that your team agrees on.
• Work as part of a team to deliver quality software from inception to production
• Create and refine user interface mockups and wireframes with prototypes
• Write, test, document, and review code in multiple programming languages and frameworks
• Investigate, troubleshoot and solve issues discovered throughout the software release cycle from development to production
Qualifications / Core Skills and Experience:
• Positive attitude, reliable, self-motivated, team player with excellent communication skills. Seriously, this is important – lone-wolf types need not apply!
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle, TDD, and Agile development practices. Experience with source control (git or svn) is required, and having worked with Continuous Integration environments as part of your workflow is a plus.
• A strong and demonstrable portfolio of user interface or UI component concepts. Knowledge of best practices for composing user interfaces, and creativity to find solutions for unique presentation problems
• Experience developing against REST API’s, as well as with common database connectors such as Postgres or SQL Server
Supporting Skills and Experience:
• Experience programming with cloud infrastructure providers such as AWS or Google Cloud.
• Python and Go are great to have, and experience in .Net frontends (ASP.Net MVC in particular) is a bonus. Experience working with Docker is a bonus.
• Experience in IOS and Android UI development a plus.
• Comfortable working in both Linux and Windows environments
If you are interested, please send your resume at email@example.com.