Our Regina, Saskatchewan based client is looking for a “Senior Java Developer” for a 3 Years (Split) Contract role in Regina.
My client is looking for a Senior Java Developer with strong technical background in a large scale java based service oriented application. Successful candidate will have 5+ years of Java Web Based software development lead experience. Candidates will be developing distributed applications using Java/JEE, and working with Agile software development methodologies such as XP/TDD/Scrum. Candidates will be responsible for the architecture, design, development and implementation of highly scalable Web applications, Web services and application support.
Duties of the Resource will include, but are not necessarily limited to:
• Lead software development activities / projects
• Participate in Agile software development projects and tasks including coding, testing, debugging, documentation, peer-review, deploying, monitoring, and support.
• Participate in task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for development and maintenance activities.
• Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates.
• Ensure that all tasks are performed in accordance with specific internal procedures and standards, as well as industry best practices
• Ensure and demonstrate code quality through comprehensive and effective unit testing coverage and usage of automated testing and test harnesses
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as developers, DBAs, team leads, quality assurance, release and change management.
• Provide technical expertise in troubleshooting application and configuration failures, including the analysis of complex problems and issues and developing and implementing recommended solutions.
• Lead technical and non-technical discussions with end users.
• Perform coding to written technical specifications as well as Investigate, analyze and document reported defects.
• A minimum five (5) years’ experience leading the design and development of highly scalable service Java applications
• A minimum five (5) years’ experience in software development and deployment with Java web based and related technologies, including application design and debugging
• A minimum of two (2) years’ experience working with SQL or Oracle databases
• Candidate will supply a valid MSDN License for engagement
“If you are legally entitled to work in Canada & if this is your ideal opportunity, then we welcome you to Modis Family! Please share a copy of your Resume with Shruthi.Srirangaraju@Modis.com immediately.”
***Please note: Modis will contact the shortlisted candidates***