AX Developer/Business Analyst
Reporting to the Manager, Applications & Consulting, the incumbent of this position is responsible for the evolution of organization’s management applications. He/she analyzes user’s specific needs, identifies and documents the appropriate solution, plans the development, implements, trains users, systems maintenance, and coordinates if needed the programming of applications previously analyzed per set policies and norms. He/she is also part of the team responsible for users’ support and participates to the implementation of new technologies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As part of your duties, you will be assigned the following responsibilities:
- Analyze the feasibility of, and develop functional/business requirements for new systems or enhancements to existing systems.
- Track and fully document changes for functional and business specifications; write detailed procedures that can be used in training.
- Develop test cases and perform end-to-end testing of new functionalities.
- Participate in user acceptance testing and testing of new/existing system functionality.
- Provide technical assistance in training, mentoring, and coaching of professional staff.
- Work within dormakaba’s change management processes and procedures.
- Work in a team environment, and collaborate with others to understand current applications and identify the opportunities for improving business processes through information systems and/or non-system driven changes.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems and/or operational changes.
- Ensure deliverables match business/functional analysis requirements
- Provide level 1 support and training for end users
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with ERP, financial and distribution software
- Knowledge of Dynamics AX is a must
- Knowledge of SAP is an asset
- Knowledge of SQL and C++ programming
- Project Management experience
- Team spirit and strong desire for continuous quality improvement
- Autonomous, able to synthesize, good communication skills, bilingual, good people skills and dynamic.
- Innovation, initiative, creativity, organization, thoroughness, self-sufficiency; and a team player
- Ability to work in a production support environment
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree in computer science and 5 years of relevant experience
- At least 3 years of experience as an Application Analyst
- At least 3 years of experience in the manufacturing industry
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Preferably in French and English